29 Jun Your Skincare Routine: Are you doing it right?
With so many products on the shelf, it’s so hard to know what to be using, how and when. Most of us ladies buy products without even knowing how to use them correctly or if we even need to use them every time. I’m especially surprised (/horrified) at how many of my clients tell me they use baby wipes to remove makeup. That’s a No No!!
I’ve simplified the ideal skincare routing for you, in an easy step-by-step. You may not stick to it every day, but if you get into good habits it’ll just happen naturally. You’ll thank me in years to come, I promise!
- Cleanse using a suitable cleanser. Massage cleansing cream in and remove with damp cotton pads or a hot face cloth. You can use a gentle face-wash either.
- Tone. Use a damp cotton pad and rub gently all over.
- If you’re in a hurry, just use wipe over skin with Micellar Water on a cotton pad instead of the above 2 steps – it’s a 2-in-1 quick fix!
- Spread serum all over face. (tiny amount)
- Eye area: Use eye cream or gel
- Rest of face & neck: Moisturiser (with SPF 10 or more in summer)
- Serum (specific “night” serums can be found in many brands)
- Eye cream (a richer formula can be used at night to morning if you like)
- Night Cream. (night creams are generally richer than day creams, contain no SPF, and work at replenishing and repairing your skin while you sleep. Totally different to a Day cream!)
Once or twice a week:
Exfolliate!!!! Very important. I leave mine in the shower beside my shampoo so I don’t forget to use it.
Use an appropriate face mask for your skin type.
I’ll do another post soon on skincare products. If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends!
Carlow Makeup Artist
For more information about me and my services have a browse through my website or visit my Facebook page Anne Hutton Makeup Artist. I cover weddings in Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Wexford and Dublin and beyond, as well as doing makeup for all occasions at my studio in Carlow. Not just a Bridal Makeup Artist, I’m an experienced Brow Artist and Facialist too 🙂